Wednesday, June 23, 2010

MORE FAMILY FARE


Here's one reader's reaction to the above Fusco strip from this past Sunday:

I subscribe to the San Diego Union Tribune Sunday Paper and was SHOCKED to see this Sunday's Fusco Brothers cartoon talking about horse sex in a hotel. Are you kidding me???? These cartoon pages have Peanuts, Dennis the Menace and other kid friendly cartoons. I understand that some comics are not "ha-ha" funny like Doonesbury. But they are not disgusting with references to animal sex.

This type of humor is more appropriate for a night club with drunk people, not a family newspaper. Someone needs to talk to Fusco-- this type of "humor" belongs in the toilet, not in the Sunday Comics.


Actually, what this reader doesn't know is that I originally wanted to make it sex between a horse and some other species, and that this was my toned-down version.


Who knew that Doonesbury was "ha-ha" funny?


Who knew that a night club with drunk people was such a fun place? (I'll have to look into this.)


But I WILL "talk to Fusco" about this.

10 comments:

teresa.frog.applause said...

I'd offer you lessons in the art of wholesome cartooning, but you wrote the book.

JCD said...

When the pot calls the kettle black, it's a wonderful thing.

teresa.frog.applause said...

Why am I not surprised that you used the kettle card? You have no shame.

JCD said...

Shame is for SUCKAHZ!!!!

Ryan A. said...

She likes her question marks.

Anonymouse said...

I always thought the Holocaust and Deep Throat were "ha-ha funny", but Doonesbury????

For greater family appeal, maybe you should have used bunnies or ponies instead of lust-inducing horses.

Ushindi said...

Besides, Holiday Inn won't even let you take ONE horse in your room - I know...

Unknown said...

I love JC Duffy's stuff! Does that make me certifiably insane?

Stan Dubin said...

This is shocking on so many levels. But I will reserve judgement...what happened when you spoke to Fusco?

JCD said...

Fusco wouldn't return my calls.