Saturday, November 1, 2008

MORE FUSCO FILTH

For the second time in one week my syndicate flagged a Fusco Brothers strip. I guess I'm on a roll of... bad taste? Whatever it is, they don't think newspaper editors would go for it.

Here's my latest attempted affront:


And here's what I changed it to:


As with the last time, the new version is not as funny, but at least it won't rip the very fabric of our society to shreds.

The problem they had with the last one was the word "wiseass." With this one, the problem was the implied reference to menstruation. My editor told me "if it's a function, it doesn't function."

Once again, thank goodness they caught it. Otherwise, this country could have easily gone to Hell in a hand basket.

4 comments:

RDHolt said...

That's just sad. The cycle is not a well-kept secret. I really didn't like the revised version, now I see why. The original was a really funny idea. Anyway, if the "time of the month" line was so offensive, didn't the "too much information" finish cover it? Thanks for telling us about this. I guess some editors have their time of the month for 31 days.

L. Erskine said...

Maybe you can find somewhere to publish the funnier versions of these comics... where the readers aren't afraid of reality and the superior humor that exists there.

ldisme said...

ah well, this way you can please the general public, and those with a sense of humour

Nashe^ said...

Yeah. Find somewhere else. Somewhere that doesn't shy away from giving readers quality humor.